A construction apprenticeship is a form of paid employment that allows you to learn a specific trade in construction through practical training as well as through in-class courses. In the beginning, construction apprentices are tested to see whether they have the affinity for the trade, then they start performing simple tasks under the supervision of a master while they also participate in theoretical courses. It might seem easy to land one of the jobs in Denver Colorado for an apprenticeship position, but in fact, many of your skills will be put to the test – here are some:
- The ability to learn – you will need to be able to assimilate information quickly and to put what you have learned into practice;
- Resistance to stress – whatever field of construction you are interested in, you will need to be able to be able to work under stress;
- Hard work – construction is a rewarding line of work, but you will be expected to work very hard;
- Physical abilities – most areas in which apprenticeships are offered require physical strength and dexterity, so make sure you are in top condition before you apply;
- Commitment – another trait that you need for an apprenticeship in construction is complete commitment and dedication to the work that you do.